Andrew McMillen (@Andrew_McMillen) is a freelance journalist and author based in Brisbane, Australia.
Andrew’s journalism been published in:
- Rolling Stone,
- Good Weekend,
- The Guardian,
- The Monthly,
- The Australian,
- GQ Australia,
- The Sydney Morning Herald, and
- The Vine
Listed below are six examples of Andrew’s longform journalism, written for a range of publications:
- ‘The Whistleblowers: Australian football referees‘ for Good Weekend, July 2014
- ‘The Cottonwool Kid: Dean Clifford‘ for The Weekend Australian Magazine, November 2013
- ‘The Royal Prank: The story behind the worst radio stunt in history‘ for BuzzFeed, August 2013
- ‘Building A Better Brain: Wired on Nootropics‘ for Rolling Stone, November 2012
- ‘Shock To The System: Electroconvulsive therapy‘ for GQ Australia, March 2012
- ‘The High Road: Silk Road, an online marketplace like no other‘ for Australian Penthouse, January 2012
This blog, andrewmcmillen.com, serves several purposes. Since 2012, it’s primarily been a portfolio of Andrew’s published writing, but previously it was a hub containing dozens of full-length interviews, and a conversation starter for issues relating to the business of freelance writing.
(Publicists: please do not add the above email address to your mailing list without asking first.)
The above photo was taken by the wonderful Brisbane-based photographer David Ball in November 2013. Please credit him wherever this photo is used. Also, hire him.
If you would like to contact me regarding sensitive or confidential matters, email me using my PGP public key:
—–BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK—–
Version: BCPG v1.47
—–END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK—–