Andrew McMillen is a freelance journalist and author based in Brisbane, Australia.
Andrew’s journalism has been published in:
- Rolling Stone,
- Good Weekend,
- The Guardian,
- The Monthly,
- The Australian,
- GQ Australia,
- The Sydney Morning Herald, and
- The Vine
Listed below are six examples of Andrew’s longform journalism, written for a range of publications:
- ‘The Whistleblowers: Australian football referees‘ for Good Weekend, July 2014
- ‘The Cottonwool Kid: Dean Clifford‘ for The Weekend Australian Magazine, November 2013
- ‘The Royal Prank: The story behind the worst radio stunt in history‘ for BuzzFeed, August 2013
- ‘Building A Better Brain: Wired on Nootropics‘ for Rolling Stone, November 2012
- ‘Shock To The System: Electroconvulsive therapy‘ for GQ Australia, March 2012
- ‘The High Road: Silk Road, an online marketplace like no other‘ for Australian Penthouse, January 2012
This blog, andrewmcmillen.com, serves several purposes. Since 2012, it’s primarily been a portfolio of Andrew’s published writing, but previously it was a hub containing dozens of full-length interviews, and a conversation starter for issues relating to the business of freelance writing.
(Publicists: please do not add the above email address to your mailing list without asking first.)
The above photo was taken by the wonderful Brisbane-based photographer David Ball in November 2013. Please credit David wherever this photo is used. Also: hire him.
If you would like to contact Andrew regarding sensitive or confidential matters, email him using his PGP public key:
—–BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK—–
Version: BCPG v1.47
—–END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK—–