Andrew McMillen (@NiteShok) is a freelance journalist based in Brisbane, Australia.
His work has been published in:
- Rolling Stone,
- The Guardian,
- The Monthly,
- The Australian,
- GQ Australia,
- The Sydney Morning Herald,
- The Global Mail,
- Australian Penthouse,
- Brisbane Times, and
- The Vine
Here are the six best stories Andrew has written as of December 2013:
- ‘The Cottonwool Kid‘ for The Weekend Australian Magazine, November 2013
- ‘The Royal Prank: The Story Behind The Worst Radio Stunt In History‘ for BuzzFeed, August 2013
- ‘Building A Better Brain: Wired on Nootropics‘ for Rolling Stone, November 2012
- ‘Shock To The System: Electroconvulsive therapy‘ for GQ Australia, March 2012
- ‘The High Road: Silk Road, an online marketplace like no other‘ for Australian Penthouse, January 2012
- ‘Why Did L.A. Noire Take Seven Years to Make?‘ for IGN Australia, June 2011
This blog, andrewmcmillen.com, serves several purposes. Since 2012, it’s primarily been a portfolio of Andrew’s published writing, but previously it was a hub containing dozens of full-length interviews, and a conversation starter for issues relating to the business of freelance writing.
(Publicists: please do not add the above email address to your mailing list without asking first.)
The above photo was taken by the wonderful Brisbane-based photographer David Ball in November 2013. Please credit him wherever this photo is used. Also, hire him.